Flag of Russia

Flag of Russia

Ivan the terrible

Ivan the terrible

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

De Fontenelle's Views of Russia

It is still a fascinating thought that Russia possesses both Eastern and Western qualities.  I have pondered this with great fascination and am still unable to reach my decision.  The adapted Eastern ways of boyard nobility have helped to transform our feudal system.  Also, with the Mongols unifying I have noticed that they have gained increasing power and are starting to control many aspects of life.  While I want to challenge the Mongols and their ideas, I do not believe it is in the best fashion, for I am very against making enemies.  Perhaps I shall just express my ideas without challenging anyone, for as not to create any more conflict than there needs to be.

No comments: