Flag of Russia

Flag of Russia

Ivan the terrible

Ivan the terrible

Thursday, May 15, 2008

View of Russia From an Upper Class Citizens Point of View

I am what is considered a wealthy citizen of Russia, however it has not always been that way.  Although my trading business has granted me much success and fame, I used to be just another "equal" citizen under Stalin's rule.   Although I was very young at the time, and am a very old man now, I still remember my parents being ripped of their dignity and forced to conform to Stalin's communist ways.  For my family, it became very hard to support my 4 sisters and younger brother.  We were made "equal" while that dictator Stalin stole away all of our Soviet traditions.  Our culture was ruined, my family too scared to dare rise against his powerful regime.  Our neighbors were purged, our dear family friends killed for no such reason.  I as a little boy was beaten to the ground one day on my way back from the local school.  After communism disintegrated we were free to share in the western world, with their capitalist ways and free economy, and I was able to support my children, and now my grandchildren and great grand children.

No comments: