Flag of Russia

Flag of Russia

Ivan the terrible

Ivan the terrible

Monday, February 25, 2008

Views of the Middle Class

As a member of the middle class, my job pertains more to mental work than physical. I am an accountant, but that is just one profession in a broad range that makes up the middle class. My family and I live comfortable lives, but we are not wealthy. The work I do has become more specialized over the years, and other accountants and myself have come together to earn a good living. I am lucky to be able to afford luxuries for my family, and we eat good meals most of the time. My wife purchases meat, fruits, vegetables, and about once a month we host a dinner party. We even have the luxury of having a maid around the house, who takes care of the children also. Overall, I am a hard-working, moral man. As a member of the middle class, I am expected to know right from wrong, and not resort to drunkenness or gambling.

No comments: